Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10 myles - 1.07:47

Daniels Park - 4:00 p.m.
30s, a few flakes, erratic wind
mind/body - eager
medium effort

We've all had our fair share of good and bad runs. The bad run is trying to figure out what you ate the last day and a half that makes you have to ditch in the bushes only to forget your TP. The good run is feeling like you can conquer the world and it's problems. The endorphin rush gives you little tingles in your head so you grit your teeth and go faster without any extra effort. ....hmm if I could somehow bottle the good run and feed it to the world - the world would be a harmonious love fest!

Well today was one of those good runs. I never know when it's gonna happen, it just does. I started my run just going through the motions of warming up, hoping to get done before it dumped and then the tingles came on. I don't know about you but I talk to myself quite a bit during my run and I said "hey I feel pretty good, let's push the pace at the turn around". I did 5 myles in 31:47 (6.21/mile) and felt good doing it. Not the 6:15 I had hoped for but it's gettin' there.

No comments: