Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

6 myles - 41:28

Grigs road - 3:00 p.m.
low 60s, overcast, calm
mind/body - refreshed/a little stiff
easy effort

Ahhhh - feels soooo good to be running again! As good as breaks can be for rejuvenating the body and soul, running again makes me feel so much more alive! Everything is in perfect harmony when I'm running and feeling good. First/last splits: 6:47/6:40. A little bit quicker today with less aches. The legs are coming around and feeling like they were 20 years old again.... OK maybe not but they feel good!

Now that I'm back in the saddle again I need to start eating better as well. For the last 2 months I've been consuming around 3000 calories a day, packed with more saturated fat than I need. So now it's time to scale back to around 2500 calories per day and limit my fat intake. The best way I've found to do that in the past is to eliminate all fried foods - period. It's harder than you think. Think about everything you put in your mouth and find out how it came to be. Where did it come from? Was it grown? Was it processed? How was it processed? Whole foods is the key to eating better and in turn feeling better when I run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo...I like the sound of the swim after that run.
Now try a little swim, jump out of the water, get on your mountain bike and go for a ride. After that try the run.

Still Hope'n