Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, October 12, 2008

6 myles - 42:10

Grigs out and back - noon
cool weather, mid 50's, cloudy
mind/body - refreshed
easy effort

Back in the saddle again and it felt good! My lungs felt good but my legs were wondering what the heck was going on. A few minor aches but that was to be expected not having run in over 2 weeks. Achilles didn't have any pain whatsoever so it's a good start. I didn't push the pace at all and still had a 6:48/6:43 first and last splits respectively. Actually I felt like I was going faster than that but maybe its because I'm used to going so slow in the water. And even though I'm running again I still plan on going to the pool 3 times per week because I'm having fun with it and it's such a good aerobic workout.

1 comment:

Manners said...

Flipper is back on land! Good job I say! I hope you weren't breathing like you were in the water...