Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, May 18, 2009

11 myles - 1.15:16

HR East/West loop - 9:00 A.M.
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - solid
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60 - 75 minutes easy effort

Actual workout: 11 myles - 1.15:16 - avg. 6:50 ~600 ft elevation gain

I really wanted to get out and do more elevation gain but with a 5 hour long run on Pikes coming up I better stay mellow. Turned out good - I felt good with positive energy thinking about Squaw Peak in a couple weeks. Obviously HR is more important than SP 50 but I'm really looking forward to see what I can do at SP 50. Squaw was my first ultra back in 2004 and I still remember how much I suffered, probably more than any other to date. Now that I've got a few years of ultra training under my belt, I'll get to see how much I've improved. It will be fun competing against my old self.
Post a Comment