Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, January 31, 2011

January 24 - 30

Coming to you live from the lovely Tulsa airport! I fully intended to put the fingers to the keyboard last night but the back of my eyelids got the best of me. Travel has been coming from every direction, which means my runs have been as well; Aspen, Los Begas, Denver, and now Tulsa. Now because of "the storm" I'm stuck here in Tulsa and remains to be seen if I can make it back to Denver.

Last week was very tough not only in terms of being in meetings all day but also from the sickness aspect. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and she determined I had a virus because I was not producing any phlegm... I know from selling antibiotics that the rust colored junk coming out was more bacterial, ie Steptococcus Pneumoniae. I ran every day trying to get the stuff out of my system but little by little it made it's way into my lungs. So from Sunday through Wednesday the runs were absolutely miserable. Thursday running in the desert with Josh Brimhall was the first time I actually felt decent, still coughing up a lung, but decent. By the weekend I managed to string together back to back 20 mile runs. So now I feel back on track and ready to see what I've got for Hagg Lake 50K. Here is the week in review:


Total - 85 myles, 11.54 hrs, 4947 ft climbing. 344 myles for January.

5 comments:

Jim P. said...

Uh-huh, we should all have such terrible weeks. Three 20 milers? Sick? That's sick!

Local Mind Media said...

Solid week. You're definitely mentally tough. Hope to get a run in with you soon!
tim

Unknown said...

My wife would tell you how dumb I am trying to run everyday with as sick as I've been. Stubborn, I know. With minus 11 degrees today I better stick to the treadmill - now that's painful!

Dave Mackey said...

How is your diet, Scott? Travelling wreaks havoc on the quality food intake..

Unknown said...

Diet actually has been pretty good. Been sticking to salads, fruits, and taking a bag full of Power Bars. If I can't find anything then I resort to strictly hops and barely...