Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, January 24, 2011

January 17 - 23

As I write this I feel like total crap! Saturday night was miserable with chills and night sweats followed by coughing and sore throat the next day. Having said that, sorry for being brief here but I just don't have the energy to put any thought into this post other than noting my workouts. I fully intended on writing a little write up on MAF-HR but will put more thought into later this week.

Obviously feeling this way my week ended with a big thud. For the past 3 weeks most of my workouts have been very mellow, keeping the HR below 155. Now what I'm finding is that it's a lot harder to get my HR above 160, whereas before 160 was easy running, at least from my perspective. I'm building the foundation here which will help me immensely come June time.

Here is what my week looked like:

Sunday - 4 myles, 34:03

Total - 69 myles, 9.37, 9407 ft of climbing

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon...hate to be sick.!!!! :Q)

Anonymous said...

Get well!!
Girona

Breeves2000 said...

Yuck! Hate to hear that, but it's comforting to know that you get sick just like the rest of us mortals. Hope you can fight it off quickly.

Unknown said...

Went through that same patch for 17 days back in Nov/Dec! No fun with a virus fighting its' way through your body. Obviously the immune system is at a low point for sure. I'd say Zicam or Mucinex (behind the counter/pharmacy) is the answer. Me. I've recently started taking a multivitamin(past 40 now) and hopefully that keeps things going strong outside my diet. Get better! -cr

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better before you get home. Get some rest if you can, love ya

Johnny A said...

Hey Scott,

Looking forward to seeing you up at Chuckanut. Hopefully we'll both feel better than at Hardrock. Are you bringing the kids up? Right now I'm probably going solo but shoot me an email and maybe we can coordinate some travel plans.


John Anderson
j.dietrich.anderson@gmail.com