Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, July 27, 2008

This day in 1972

So what was going on in 1972? Well... HBO began, American swimmer Mark Spitz won 7 gold medals, Richard Nixon was re-elected president, Atari introduced the first arcade game "pong", Hewlett-Packard introduced the first hand held calculator for $395, Evel Knievel jumped 35 cars and broke 93 bones. Shaquille O'Neal, Cameron Diaz, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Eminem, and Mia Hamm were all born. Seems like a long time ago doesn't it? 36 years to be exact! And on this day 36 years ago Rae Jean Robinson delivered her first child - Nicole Robinson, my wife.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE JAIME!!!!

Here is what Nicole got for a Birthday present:




We
(me, Nicole, Jaxon, Myles, Cooper, and two weeks worth of luggage) came back from Silverton all hanging outta the windows. Go ahead, add it up. Doesn't (shouldn't) fit in a Ford Escape! We had officially outgrown our cars. So it was time to go against the grain and buy a fuel hogging V8 Chevy Tahoe. Got all the bells and whistles and got a great deal cause they can't sell 'em. Nicole likes it and that's all that matters. I love you Nicole and thank you for all you do! ...anyone wanna buy a 99 Audi A4 w/ 101K?

Last, but not least, guess what national holiday it is today in Finland? That's right - National Sleepy Head Day!! No joke! Check it out. Anyone who knows Nicole knows she likes to sleep and today she slept until 1:30 p.m. - hey it's her b-day, she can do anything she wants. I guess she's catching up on all the sleep she's lost feeding Myles 3 times a night.

2 comments:

Justin Ricks said...

Scott,

Thanks for all the encouragement and the advice before the race. I ran with Josh for about 25 to 30 miles (before the meltdown).

I am not giving up yet, I am just going to try something a little flatter to try and work out some of the kinks in my eating and drinking. I am thinking Sunmart in Dec.

Again, thanks.

Justin

Manners said...

Wow. My birthday was in July. I cant wait to visit to see what you got me.