Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

8 myles - 54:15

Grigs out/back - 9:00 a.m.
mid 70s, clear, dry
mind/body - eager/very responsive
medium effort

Very good run today! Night and day compared to yesterday. So I guess that answers the question I posed yesterday as to what's better: no run or bad run? I believe the recovery, bad runs are necessary evils, at least in my book. I need to suffer through a couple of workouts in order to recover quicker and become stronger.

I picked up steam today the longer my run went and wanted to go longer but I stuck to the 8 myles I set out to do. I have a tendency to run until it breaks when I feel good. My first/last splits were: 6:47/6:24. I guess the ice must have helped my ankle because it felt pretty stable today. So kiddo's if you're reading - R.I.C.E. all soft tissue injuries! You are not invincible. What's good for the goose...... yeah, you got it.

Apparently word is starting to get out about Team Pearl Izumi-Smith because I saw a post today in which Bryon Powell has done some real good investigative work on the team. Check it out. There has been no "official" announcement and the team manager probably won't be "officially" launching the team until January of 2009.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great recovery... just what the Dr. ordered... Good Luck in your next mt. rats...be safe & by all means run your race....

Bryon Powell said...

DeWitt spilled the beans. Blame it all on DeWitt! ;-) Actually, I think you, he, and Lisa have all mentioned the team in at least one post, right?

I'm glad to see the team, even in an unofficial form, came together so quickly. I look forward to seeing how the team fleshes out in '09... y'all have a great start!

Unknown said...

Trail goat,

Ya I think we all have mentioned it. Eventually with the races that we have lined up people will see the shirts so it's impossible to keep a lid on it.

See you in Leadville!