Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, July 24, 2008

16 myles - 1.52:48

Daniels Park - 7:00 a.m.
clear, South wind, 80s
mind/body - clear/still recovering
medium effort

Ye ol necessary evil runs today. I guess recovery is still happening because I was really weak going uphill starting at 10 myles. This route has about 1500ft of climbing so it was a good test to gauge where I'm at. First/last splits were: 6:44/6:52 and believe me that last split was killing me.

I've got exactly one week before Mtn RATS begin. 4 days of 20+myles in the beautiful mtns near Steamboat Springs - more like a backpacking trip if you ask me. I'm in the process of collecting all the mandatory gear and realizing it's gonna be hard to shove all that stuff into a 1200 cu in backpack. The only way it's gonna happen is if I don't take a change of running clothes and skimp on the food. I guess I'll learn to be a minimalist real quick.

1 comment:

Manners said...

Running clothes? If you are in the woods, no body is around cause you are fast, do you need them. Its like Commando in mother nature!