Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, July 19, 2008

6 myles - 41:44

Grigs out/back - 10:00 a.m.
clear, upper 80s, no wind
mind/body - good/good
easy effort

Same 6 myles as yesterday with the same perceived effort - pretty easy run. Although my first/last splits were: 6:53/6:46 showing me that the body is quickly recovering. A lot of people out today just enjoying the weather - good to see. Denver will approach the triple digits today for the first time all year. Anyone wanna heat train??

Usually a week after a race my body tells me what I've strained or what significant damage I may have incurred. I remember during Hard Rock I cracked the inside of my right ankle on several rocks and also kicked it with my left foot repeatedly. It swelled up shortly after the race and didn't think anything of it until this morning when I woke up and it hurt. The initial swelling was good because that's indicative of soft tissue damage bleeding out. But right now it just plain hurts right on the crown of the ankle bone. I think maybe now it's formed into a hematoma (blood on the bone) because as I move throughout the day the soreness diminishes but it still hurts with a slight limp. Nothing that I haven't experienced before with soccer so I'll get through this one as well, just some added discomfort. Hopefully it will be gone by Mtn. RATS

No comments: