Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, July 21, 2008

11 myles - 1.17:22

HR East/West loop - 6:00 a.m.
65 degrees, no wind, clear
mind/body - a little foggy/a little groggy
medium effort

Right ankle still hurt. I thought it would loosen up but never did and seemed fairly unstable taking right turns. Although when I got back I iced it for the first time.... I'm such a knuckle head because if I listen to my own advice I might heal properly. The ankle actually felt much better after icing and should be fine within a couple of days.

The legs didn't wanna move today either. I thought they'd loosen up as well but never did. I'm really not asking for too much am I? I know from past post race weeks I'm always slow to recover and even though these runs aren't quality, in my mind it's better to have a bad run than no run. Right or wrong? By the weekend I should have at least a good 2 hour run in me before Mtn. RATS.

No comments: