Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, July 18, 2008

6 myles - 43:15

Grigs out/back - 4:00 p.m.
North wind, partly cloudy, mid 90s
mind/body - fresh/slow to respond
easy effort

After a week of Mcdonald's, Coldstone, Domino's, Garlic Jim's Pizza, Krispy Kreme, Brook's Steakhouse, sweet cereal 6x/day, and loads of candy....... I am back in saddle! Not that I was eager to do so but after all that I was just about to double my weight! ...jk

My normal home "hilly" run seemed a bit flat today. In fact, I used muscle's that I haven't used in a long time to run - muscles usually reserved for running flat road that is. I had this weird sensation to lean into my run today and kept falling over myself, what's all that about?? Anyways, it was good to get out today and get the legs moving again. My first/last splits were: 6:53/7:07, showing me that my legs and body are still tired. I will most likely run tomorrow and Sunday but no more than 10 myles each time.

My next race is Mtn. RATS starting on July 31st and consists of 4 days of running in Steamboat Springs. We have to carry everything we will need on our back so it's more of an adventure run than anything else. I'll be chasing the hometown boy Allen Belshaw around on trails he runs all time.... hope I can keep him in sight! Click on the link and read the story he wrote about Desert RATS - very humble champion and very well written!

On a side note, got a call from the Durango Herald today letting me know I made the front page of the paper the day after Hard Rock - pretty cool eh??

1 comment:

Billy said...

Hey Scott,

I saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for the kind words. I wish we could have talked after HR. I wanted to tell you how glad I was to see you do so well. What a great finish and sub 30, wow. You gotta be happy about that. Already looking forward to next year.

Peace til then........Billy