Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, June 5, 2010

~28 myles - 4.24:17

Manitou Springs - 6:30 AM
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - really not with it today
easy effort

Gotta take the bad with the good... today was a bad one. Not all bad, just no get up and go. My actual route was Memorial Park-Williams-Waldo-Longs Ranch-Bob's-Barr-A frame-Barr-Memorial Park. I practiced hiking today above Barr Camp, something that I've gotten away from but something I'll become all too familiar with at HR. About 6500 ft of elevation gain with a 9.26 pace overall. My initial plan was to tack on the Incline (for more hiking) at the end but since I was struggling all day I just pretended it wasn't there. Normally the week after a race I usually get around 40 myles and call it a recovery week. This week I'm at 72 myles which let's me know my fitness is coming around.

HR update: I'm #1 on the wait list now.

Wonder what happened in the races today, anyone know? Golden Gate dirty thirty or Squaw Peak 50.

5 comments:

nmp said...

The golden gate 50k was:

Justin Ricks (4:53?)
Dylan Bowman
me
Todd G
Dan V

Women: Anita, Darcy, Helen

You should consider this one in the future - really well put together and definitely a tough course

Unknown said...

very nice Nick!

Justin laid down a great time!

I looked at the profile - lots-o-climbing! I opted for Pikes today simply for the altitude... you know SJS and HR right around the corner.

Anonymous said...

Squaw Peak results are here:

http://racecontrol.kd7bbc.org/event/results?evt=b18eef84-7072-11df-8a3b-001ec21c888f

Unknown said...

thanks for the SP50 results - Kevin had a great time! Talk about consistent.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome on the race results.

Kevin ran an amazing race - it was hot and humid, plus there was a lot of snow and mud on the course. I didn't think anyone would run faster than 8:30-ish in those conditions.