Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, June 7, 2010

10 myles - 1.11:11

HR urban trails - 6:00 AM
60s, muggy, clear
mind/body - a little groggy
easy effort

I tried to force myself out the door yesterday, trying to get to 80 myles, but really happy I took the day off. Sometimes we all get caught up in the numbers regardless of how we feel. What I'm finding is that I've become accustomed to 70-80 myles and ~12 hours per week. Sure it's good to push the envelope sometimes but I think the key is "sometimes" and try to find that happy medium in between.

Little aches and pains this morning told me that taking the day off yesterday was a good call, but like all runs they worked themselves out after a couple myles. Very nice this morning, a little muggy/humid, but always nice to be out at the crack of sunlight. 7:07 pace without much effort.

1 comment:

Jon Allen said...

It's amazing what 1 day off can do. I had all kinds of little niggles on Saturday, too. All felt better today. The body is amazing.