Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

11 myles - 1.16:46

Coyote Ridge - 8:00 AM
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - refreshed
easy effort

After the Pocatello 50 race my family and I traveled back to Kemmerer, Wyoming - home of the very first JC Penny's. Actually just up the road from Kemmerer at Hams Fork river to do some camping. Nice and relaxing for most of my family but I was antsy. I decided on Sunday to get a longer than usual run after a race. Hills and open space all around, I headed on a ATV track and just followed it. I ended up with about 12 myles and 1500 ft of elevation gain in 1.32. Very positive sign for my fitness!

Today a little stiffness seeped in to the ol legs (maybe cause of the long drive back) but by 30 minutes into the run I was seemingly back to normal - 7:09 pace. The calf appears to resolved itself as I didn't feel it in the race and no DOMS post race. For the rest of the week I will probably get over to Mt Falcon, Deer Creek, and finish at Pikes on Saturday. May ended up being a good month for me - 313 myles. As opposed to last May of 305. No word on Hard Rock yet but word is that I've moved up to #4, maybe even in the race but they have not updated the list yet.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I was #4 last week and I got an email from Dale on June 1 asking me if I wanted to run! So you must be close to getting your "official" entry!