Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, April 3, 2009

13 myles - 1.56:55

Deer Creek Canyon - 1:00 P.M.
upper 50s, cloudy, snowy trail
mind/body - good/legs heavy
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60+ minutes easy effort

Actual workout: 13 myles 1.56:55 avg. 8:59 - 3000+ ft elevation gain

I missed all my speed work this week. One key workout was to be 60+ minutes @ 6:10 pace. I contemplated that workout for today but opted for the hills. Since this week was pretty much a bust as far as following the planned workouts I figured I couldn't go wrong with hills since HR has a couple of dem "hills".

Lots of snow still on Deer Creek. Around on the Red Cloud loop, anywhere between a skiff of melting ice to drifts 1.5 feet deep - needless to say it was slow and go today. The nice thing is that the snow was soft and sticky so traction was pretty good. The wall could get pretty treacherous if it freezes again as there is a lot of slushy tracks right now.

Even though we're expecting a foot of snow tomorrow I'm gonna venture out to Mt. Falcon and get in what I can. Sometimes when a big snowstorm hits, it turns out to be pretty peaceful in the foothills.

1 comment:

Shad Mika said...

I ended up getting in 30 at Green Mountain and the Hogback. Thought it was going to start raining but turned into a great afternoon.