Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

11 myles - 1.28:06

Mt Falcon - noon
mid 60s, windy, some snow on the trail
mind/body - feelin' good!
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 90 minutes with 8 x 1:30 @ 5K pace

Actual workout: 11 myles - 1.28:06 - avg. 8:00 with 6 x 1:30 @ 5K pace ~3500 ft of elevation

Version 0.75 - Turkey Trot, around Parmalee, cut across Meadow, back down TT. In comparison to this run two weeks ago I was 3 minutes faster today. Probably, in part, due to the 5K surges but nonetheless I felt good today. I really concentrated on going downhill fast! My split around Parmalee was right at 19 minutes, which was my exact split when I was running my best last year. Still patches of slushy snow but if we continue to have the sun we did today it should be gone by the end of the week. ....then again we are in Colorado so it will probably snow tomorrow.

No comments: