Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, April 18, 2009

10 myles - 1.20:01

Treadmill - Noon
STILL snowing!
mind/body - good
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: 75 - 90 minutes with the last 30 minutes being up tempo
Actual workout: 10 myles 1.20:01 - avg. 8:00 - hill workout ~ 1800 ft elevation
  • 2 mile warm up @ 7.5 MPH - flat
  • 6 x 1 mile repeats: 7 MPH - 7.5 MPH within each mile increasing incline every quarter from 4-7%
  • 2 mile up tempo @ 9 MPH - flat
Tis still snowing! We've got about a foot and 1/2 here in Highlands Ranch and it's the heavy, wet snow that makes for big slushy messes. It would have been nice to get over to the trails fer some high knees but I couldn't get outta my drive way this morning. Oh well, put in another good workout on the TM. This workout went quick because I was constantly changing the speed and elevation. I did 6 x 1 mile repeats of increasing incline and increasing speed; first mile was @ 7 MPH with 4,5,6, and 7% respectively for each quarter, then onto mile 2 @ 7.1 MPH with the same increasing incline, and so on up through 7.5 MPH. It was harder than I thought but was a good simulation of undulating hills in Sausalito.

Don't wait - people are starting to buy socks.... They are scrumptiously comfortable!



















Racing stripes to make you go fast

1 comment:

team shadow said...

I am glad that someone else is also getting a taste of spring! We had a beautiful weekend here. Warm weather is probably headed your way! I would be interested in two pair of socks as my other green socks with racing stripes that make me run fast are really showing wear. Please email me info and have wonderful day.