Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, April 6, 2009

10 myles - 1.11:57

Daniels Park - 3:00 P.M.
clear, 50s, mostly dry
mind/body - slow to start
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60+ minutes easy effort with short hill sprints

Actual workout: 10 myles 1.11:57 avg. 7:11 easy effort - 7 x 10 second hill sprints

Started real slow and stiff but warmed up nicely around 4 myles into the run. I stopped at hill on Griggs 2 myles from being done to do the hill sprints and was quite surprised at how stiff my joints felt... or maybe it was how slow my legs felt... or maybe it was my 39 year old body just saying I can't do that a day after a 5+ hour.... Did I say 39?!?! Geez....

4 comments:

aj said...

yep 39 & still running..40's around the corner

Paul DeWitt said...

Since Scott is more of a girl trapped in a man's (well, boy's) body, I'm betting he is going to start counting backwards now rather than admit to being 40.

aj said...

I agree he always took special time to make sure he looks great... His sister & him would fight over who got the blow dryer first...

Unknown said...

uh "hi" I'm right here...