Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mar 21 - 27

Here we are again. Two posts in one week? Amazing. Where does the time go and who decided to only have 24 hours in a day? The weekend went by blazing fast in which I was able to get in a couple of key runs early in the morning before the family was up and at 'em.

I am amazed at how resilient my body has been lately. I can basically race a hard 50K and turn the next week into a normal training week. Previous years it has usually taken me a good week to feel normal. I have been building a huge base since the beginning of the year and now it's time to enter a new phase of the training program. The next 8 weeks will involve, well... to tell you the truth, I don't know what it will involve. Lucho just said to buckle up and get ready. That's the excitement of having a coach, the mystery of the workouts and see if I am capable of doing them. I have a feeling I'll be in for some hills, heat, leg turnover stuff, and more volume. Perfect. American River is in two weeks and I hope to be hitting my stride by that time. My PR for 50 myles came at AR a few years ago (6:24) so my goal would be to establish a new PR in the 6:10ish range, we will see.

Here is a recap of the week:

Monday - 6 myles San Diego TM
Tuesday - AM 8 myles San Diego TM
PM 5 myles San Diego bay
Wednesday - 8 myles San Diego TM
Friday - 6 myles Tulsa TM

Total - 88 myles, 11 hrs 43 mins, 3206 ft of climbing

Last week 3/14 - 3/20 - 64 myles, 8 hrs 50 mins, 11,040 ft of climbing
Post a Comment