Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Feb 28 - Mar 6

I'll start this post by saying this week sucked! Lucho knew I'd be confined to a treadmill all week so he kindly re-arranged my runs to break up the monotony. In addition, I was also confined to a training classroom all week up on the 14th floor with big floor to ceiling windows peering out to the San Francisco hills. Yes I was day dreaming, wondering what the elevation gain and grade was on a particular trail that shot straight up the ridge line. And then I was so rudely interrupted by the instructor "Scott what do you think about all this? You have been really quiet..." "Umm, well, (trying to remember the last thing I heard) Yes, I agree and I'd also like to circle back to..." Gibberish basically. I never did get out to that trail because the day started at 7:30 AM and didn't get back to the hotel until the sun had set. So be it. The week is in the books with the most myles in a week thus far for 2011. Here's what it looked like:

Monday - 8 myles San Fran. TM
Thursday - AM 8 myles San Fran. TM
Friday - 4 myles San Fran. TM

87 myles, 11 hours 22 minutes, climbing 5422 ft - 319 myles in February

The hyperlink workouts on the TM are really only there for HR purposes. No elevation gain but rather leg turnover stuff. For instance, on Tuesday the instructions were to keep HR above 150 for 30 minutes, which turned out to be 9 MPH with an avg. HR of 157. Then on Wednesday I did 10 x 30 seconds at 5:27 pace and was able to hold my HR at 165. So as you can see leg turnover stuff because Chuckanut has 20K of the flat stuff. Next week I'm sure I'll be working on the middle 30K of Chuckanut which is about 4K of climbing.




3 comments:

trudginalong said...

Solid even though stuck inside. Will try to catch up when I get back from CA. The Falcon is calling!

Unknown said...

Tough week. Good thing I had music to listen to and ESPN to watch.... Would have liked to join you and JP on Saturday but couldn't justify being away from home again.

Good luck in Cool, CA. Should be fast! Expect to clock some 6s the first 6 myles.

Speedgoat Karl said...

brutal....get a real job!