Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Inspired

Amidst my own 21 mile run today I watched the Bandera 100K trail National Championship via irunfar.com. Great coverage once again Bryon!

Pearl Izumi Ultra running team was in full force today to include veterans Nick Clark and Darcy Africa, rising -check that- bonfide star Timothy Olson, and new addition Dylan Bowman. I woke up this morning and had that excitement as if I were racing today. Just what I needed to motivate me for my own 3 hour run. Great results today - Timothy Olson 100K trail National Champ (8.28:38), Dylan Bowman 4th place (8.40:05), Nick Clark 5th place (8.57:30). Darcy had to call it quits at the 50K mark because of hamstring issues - get better quick Darcy! Speaking of Darcy, here's a recent article in Outside online. Check out the photo below - even Joe Uhan (8.38:53) is sportin PI. And don't let Mackey (8.38:28) fool you, he is a secret Pearl lover too!

Timothy Olson, Dave Mackey, Joe Uhan, Dylan Bowman, Nick Clark Photo Bryon Powell

Lately with all the travel I've had the best intentions of running on the road but when it comes right down to it, I am so tired once I get to the hotel if I do run I am totally not into it. Result is poor quality of runs. The positive spin is now I'm visiting the same places more frequently so now I know where most of the trails are located. For instance, the Leona Divide and Angeles Crest are run near Arcadia and Sierre Madre and I have been staying near there for my past couple of visits to California. Now I will make it a point to find a Marriott (gotta get points) in those cities even if I have to travel to Santa Barbara for the day.

Today's race at Bandera has inspired me to train hard no matter how tired I am. Thanks guys!

Last thing, here is my race schedule for 2012. Still a lot of unconfirmed but this is what I'm looking at for 2012:

Here's to a successful 2012 with family, work, running, and friends!

14 comments:

Alverna said...

now that is a GREAT PICTURE... have not seen that one... love your new schedule...congrats to the PI team... Great Beginning to a new year...We are looking forward to seeing you in some of those races....

Jon Allen said...

Congrats to the PI team- that's a great showing. Good luck with your training, too.

nmp said...

Great that your motivation is high...looks like you have a nice set of races on tap. Best of luck in 2012!

We will have to try to get out for some HR training at some point.

Anonymous said...

PI needs to snatch that Uhan guy up:) What he'll bring to the table in terms of beer knowledge is well worth the investment. Good luck with your season, see ya Quad Rock.

Unknown said...

Jacob - yes I know. I spent some time with him at AR and the man knows his beer. Glad you're coming to QR50. See you then, if not before

Unknown said...

Scott, every time I read your blog you inspire me. Had the opportunity to meet you once (2005 White River 50M - Yes, I remember that far back :)) and man have you come a long way. Look forward to watching your season from afar.

Olga said...

Great header! See you at Quadrock.

-OOJoe said...

FastEd! Glad to hear the festivities at Bandera got your "hops" flowing! I need to quit promoting P-I for free, but what can I say, it's terrific gear! :)

Excited to see we both got into Chuckanut; it's gonna be a barn-burner! We're definitely sticking around Bellingham on Sat night so we'll have to plan a "Beer Potluck" with some fellas!

Happy training and see you in "a few"! -OOJ

Randy said...

Hope Beckam is able to run Hardrock in the future,i had kidney problems as a kid,2 months in the hospital,good thing i had all those Hardy Boys books to read!Mom would watch "Dark Shadows"(very old goofy soap opera type show),at the hospital with me every day. Don't pray much,so maybe my prayers hold more weight!,so i'll send out one for Beckam.(and a donation,makes prayers more potent!).See you at Hardrock.

Speedgoat Karl said...

how about instead of the Colorado trail you head to Maine and race me from Kathadin to Mt. Washington in NH. 332 miles, and harder than the CT. somethin' to think about....See ya at HR!

GZ said...

Karl - I am fairly familiar with that section of the trail - although it has been over a decade since I set foot on it. Is there an FKT for that? I guess not but that section is TOUGH. One word ... Mahoosucs

Timmy Olson said...

Great write up!
So proud to be on the PI team with you.
4 of the top 5 all sporting the PI colors!
cheers,
timothy

Local Mind Media said...

Can't wait to hang out with you at Hardrock. Happy to hear you're fired up to train.

Bryon Powell said...

Thanks, Scott. I look forward to seeing you at least at Chuckanut and Hardrock this year. The PI squad had a great start to the season!