Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's a new year so it's time to start some new habits, like posting more regularly on this blog.

Two years ago in 2010 I took two steps forward in my running ventures, putting up some pretty good times in various distances: 2.37 in the marathon, 3.13 in the 50K, and under 28 hrs at Hard Rock. I worked hard and it paid off. This last year in 2011 has been a struggle -to say the least- in my running ventures. I guess you can say I got complacent, hoping to springboard off the previous years hard work. I can say that now but as the year progressed I felt as though I was putting the work in (the myles reflected it 3228) but there were other things going on in my work life that took most of my energy. I traveled most of the year, logging a staggering 153 nights in hotels for business, and achieving 1k status on United - illustrious life I know. It's not only been exhausting on me but my poor family has suffered as well. Having said that, there are only 24 hours in a day and something has to give and in this case my running/training at a high level was a no brainer. Yes I got to travel the world, running in 5 countries, but my family was right there by my side.

I can't say that 2012 will be any better but if I were to put all my eggs in one basket I would put them all into the San Juan mountains. My family loves that place just as much as I do and it's a family reunion of sorts. I have put my vacation in already for 3 weeks leading up to Hard Rock so hopefully it will be enough to get a PR at HR.

Aside from my job and running, family comes first. I've stated that already but readers of this blog I need your help, better yet my brother in law's son needs your help. His name is Beckam Robinson and he is 5 years old and in need of a kidney transplant. He has been functioning normally on about 30% of one kidney for most of his life and now that portion is starting to fail. I ask you to go to this website and make a donation - please! $1, $5 - doesn't matter, every little bit helps as insurance does not cover most of this transplant, if any at all. In addition, the Robinson family are selling bracelets for $3 so if you see any of us please buy a bracelet. Thank you in advance! I will also put a permanent link on the side of this blog and remind you from time to time throughout the year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Babe for posting this on your blog. Hugs and kisses love love

Alverna said...

1st of all Nice to have you back...Keep going with running it is who you are, so never give it up... Will be watching to see what races you do pick up this year... love you

brownie said...

You should see how fat and lazy you can get by Hardrock.

You gonna be at the Fat Ass? You need to defend your title.

Anonymous said...

Scott - can we order a few wrist bands from you?

Unknown said...

Hey Roger - We have a couple of bags of wristbands here so stop by when you have a chance. Thank you! Every bit counts towards getting this little guy a kidney.

anonymouslylookingup said...

So inspiring! I need to get back into this!