Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hey-Hey looky here!

A new blog post that is long over due. I've been slacking only because the motivation on the running front has been extremely low. Coupled with the fact that travel for work has been maniacal. It's amazing that I used to post everyday and now I'm lucky if I get one a month. I will get better - I promise.

First things first, go here and give some feedback to Lisa Klarmann for a research project she is working on for school at the University of Bayreuth. Here is an introduction from Lisa:

Dear Runners,
by participating in this survey you are supporting a final thesis concerning choice of route, motivation, and equipment of runners. The survey is available in English, German and French. By taking part in this survey you have the opportunity to win a pair of PEARL iZUMi Peak II Trailrunning shoes!!! Thank you very much in advance and all the best for your upcoming runs.


I am extremely late in posting this so I hope the link still works, if not let me know. Lisa was part of the PI crew over in France and has done an internship at Pearl Izumi in Germany. In addition, her brother Mortiz was our Physiotherapist while in France.

Now onto my current state. My feet are still killing me. The tendon that connects my forefoot and heel is very tender each and every morning. If I run, it takes a good 15 minutes to get them to stop hurting. I am pretty sure with all the climbing at UTMB and never letting my heel hit the ground has everything to do with this problem. I'm also pretty sure I know what it is but I refuse to go to the doc. And yes Karl I have played a doctor on TV before... Karl loves it when people self diagnose.

In conjunction with the feet, the mind is just not into running right now. Over the past 8 years I have learned my body pretty well, enough to know that I need a break physically and mentally in September or October. This year it may be both months, if I want any chance of doing things I plan for next year. I ran 119 myles in September, my lowest total since I had achilles problems 3 years ago. But when I look back on this year I've run 2711 myles so far, which is over 300/month. I won't push in October if I don't feel like running, I'm more than likely going to go back to Cyclocross racing and get in the pool a couple times a week.

I mentioned next year. I have a very loose structure what it will look like so I might as well tell you: Chuckanut, Kokopelli FKT, Jemez, HardRock, CT FKT, Leadville or Wasatch. The big deal for me is obviously the Colorado Trail FKT. I've done the trail once and vowed never to go back but it is calling my name to give an honest crack at the FKT. A lot can change but that's what I'm currently thinking about. In addition, PI is setting the incentive schedule right now so that could drive other races to pop up.

Speaking of Pearl Izumi, we are currently in the selection process for next year. Lots of talented runners out there, both men and women vying for a few slots. My role has changed a bit but before I say anything about the team I will wait until the official team has been announced. Look for something in the middle of October. It is going to be an exciting year for Pearl Izumi Ultra running team!

I think that's all for now. Outside of watching some football and checking on my fantasy football team all day, typing this post has actually made me feel like I accomplished something today. Talk to you all soon.

10 comments:

That's Mr. McGoogly to you! said...

I'm also available to help out with the CT FKT if you need it. Solarweasel and I are also talking about heading up into the mountains for a longish but fun day on the 21st or 22nd if you want to join us. Hope you're doing well.

Local Mind Media said...

Good to hear from you. Get your groove back soon.
Tim

Alverna said...

NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK MR. JAIME...MISSED YOUR WEEKLY BLOGS...I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WERE GOING TO RUN AGAIN...GLAD YOU ARE TURNING THOSE WHEELS AGAIN... HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON...LOVE YA

Jon Allen said...

Hey Scott- I'm trying to get an email to Aric, but the email at the bottom of the PI team page (http://piultrarun.com/about-us/) doesn't work. Is there any way you can send me a good email for him? jkallen13 at gmail.com. Thanks a million for your help.

brownie said...

You know the Krispy Kreme challenge has some running in it, right? Hope you can make it the full distance.

Breeves2000 said...

Wow. HR AND CT FKT? Wow. Love the ambition and will also offer my assistance with supporting you in any way I can. That goes for Kokopelli too.

Dave Mackey said...

FINALLY! A post.. I have been waiting for this... well, not really but it is good to hear all is good on the Jaime front with great plans for the future. Happy running, pal.

Unknown said...

Ladies and Gentlemen D to the Mack is in the house! Good to hear you are not buried under a pile of patients charts yet....

Trimboli Trio - since you Sy and (forgot the third) were at Hard Rock together you are officially known as The Trimboli Trio! Would love to have your assistance on the CT next year.

Thanks everyone for comments - tells me I still have some visitors despite the stale blog as of late.

Paulette said...

Hardrock wasatch & Leadville... Sign me up!!! What about coming back for Zane??

AZ has some young talent if you're looking to fill some PI spots. :)

Unknown said...

Paulette - send me an email with your contact info and let's chat. esjaime44@gmail.com