Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

7.5 myles - 1.05:24

Deer Creek Canyon - Nooner
80s, dry, partly cloudy
mind/body - solid
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 45 - 60 minutes easy

Actual workout: 7.5 myles 1.05:24 avg. 8:43 ~2100 ft elevation gain

Much more relaxed today, almost a full minute slower per mile. The main point was to get some elevation gain while keeping the HR so that it was comfortable. The pattern is becoming Hard-Easy-Hard-Easy which helps me get more out of my hard efforts. I'll try to get at least 15,000 ft of elevation gain this week and hopefully by the time Hard Rock comes around I'll be somewhere around 25,000 ft/week.

2 comments:

AJW said...

I like that elevation ratio. I am trying for 12k a week in May and 24K per week in June. It's a bit more difficult here due to the snowpack but I think I can do it. Funny thing about "the double" is I am planning a 30K 3 day weekend 7 days before WS. It'll all be slow, of course, but at least it's high. As they say around here, "the higher you get the higher you get."

Unknown said...

You're the man AJW! Do a couple sprints when you get above 12K so you get a feeling of what HR is gonna be like