Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, May 25, 2009

14 myles - 1.33:11

HR urban trails - 10:00 A.M.
mid 50s, overcast, damp
mind/body - eager/strong
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: 90 minutes easy effort with 3 x 15 minutes up-tempo

Actual workout: 14 myles - 1.33:11 - avg. 6:39 - last mile 5:58 ~800 ft elevation gain

I felt so good that I decided to do away with the 3 x 15 minute and make it the entire 90 minutes up-tempo. I've said it before and I'll say it again "runnin' without a chain today my friends". Is it coincidence that two weeks before Miwok I had a similar experience? Does that mean I'll have a good run at SP 50? Hope so. We all know anything can happen on any given day so I just hope that I show up to the start line at SP 50 feeling the way I did today.

On another note, if you wear the Pearl Izumi Peak XC and it's time to order be aware that they have fixed the sizing, at least for the men's 10.5 and 10.0. PI knew that the Peak XC was a 1/2 size short but had to run through the current stock before the correct sizing would hit retail. For example, if you wore a 10.5 in the Peak XC last year, you will now wear your correct sizing of a 10.0. I don't know if this holds true for all sizing but for size 10.0 and 10.5 this is correct. You might want to call (1 800 328 8488) before placing your order to save time on having to ship them back.

No comments: