Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, May 14, 2009

12 myles - 1.55:55

Barr Trail - 5:00 P.M.
70s, partly cloudy, dry trails
mind/body - eager/good
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: Barr Trail time trial to 7.8 around 50 minutes

Actual workout: ~12 myles 1.55:55 ~3500 ft of elevation. 7.8 sign in 49:40

Drove down to Manitou to meet up with the CRUD group. Every Thursday they do a time trial up to the 7.8 sign on the Barr trail, this was my first time. I had taken splits before but never pushing too hard so this was a good measuring stick to find out where my fitness is currently. This is one tough puppy climbing 3000 ft in 4.5 myles! I literally was on the red line for 40 minutes, hoping not to blow up. Now I've got my mark and each Thursday I'll at least try to match it.... I'm already getting nervous about next week cause that hurt! We came down Long's Ranch road and some side trail called UPT?? I'd get lost if I had to try and find them again so I'll have to take my trusty tour guide Rick Hessek every time.

Here are my splits:
  • Top of W's - 20:03
  • No Name - 34:04
  • 7.8 sign - 49:40

3 comments:

brownie said...

Ute Pass Trail. You can get to Waldo Canyon from there.

You up for the Incline after the CRUD workout this Thursday?

Unknown said...

It's too hard...

brownie said...

You can take the bail trail at the halfway point...