Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, January 9, 2010

13 myles 1.27:49

South Platte Pkwy - 10:00 A.M.
40s, clear, some snow on the path
mind/body - ready to go!
Hard effort

Prescribed: 1.30 flat/paved long run, easy effort

Actual: 13 myles - 1.27:49 - avg. 6:45 (middle 10K 37:30 avg. 6:02)

I missed out on a key workout earlier in the week so I incorporated here today. My intention on the 10K effort was not to go all out but more of an effort approaching Lactate Threshold (LT). I started easy @ 6:08 pace and hovered around there until the last mile which was 5:50 - very comfortable at 6:08 but 5:50 is more along the lines of LT.

I am ready to go - thanks to Paul. I'm off to Phoenix tomorrow for a long work week and acclimate.

5 comments:

WMRC said...

Scott although you are probably in taper mode for PF Chang’s you are welcome to join our trail running group (which includes some hardrockers) for a early Wednesday morning trail run in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve. We usually have 15 to 20 show up every Wednesday. Good Luck in the Marathon

aj said...

good luck scott... have a great race... also bring back warm weather...love

Unknown said...

How close is Phoenix Mountain Preserve to the JW Marriott in Scottsdale?

WMRC said...

Hi Scott, if you are staying at the JW Marriott / Camelback Inn in Scottsdale the Phoenix Mountain Preserve is very close. Just down the street off Lincoln. If interested feel free to contact me. I also live close so I could pick you up on the way over. Kevin Higgins ultrahigg@yahoo.com

Nick said...

Best of luck Scott. You've shown some real dedication in hitting the roads the way you have in building up for this race. 2:3X looks to be a very real proposition. Go get it!