Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 myles

Treadmill San Fran. - 5:00 P.M.
60s outside, hot and sweaty inside
mind/body - still sick
Hard Effort

Prescribed: 3 x 3 mile @ MP, 2 minute jog in between

Actual: 10 myles; 1 mile warm up 7:30, 8 mile 49:20 (6:10), 1 mile cool down 7:30

I didn't actually follow the plan tonight. I felt so good here at sea level I decided I'd just do 8 myles straight through at MP. I could not believe how easy my breathing was at this pace! I realize I only went 1/3 the distance but I did not feel stressed at all. Hopefully good signs to come. I was couped up in meetings all day and did not feel the best so I am more than happy to get through this workout.

As Phil Collins said "I can feel it coming in the air tonight - O2...."

3 comments:

AJW said...

You were in the warm, tropical, sea-level environment of SF and you ran on the treadmill? Pretty lame if you ask me!

Paul DeWitt said...

Let me get this staight - you are going veggie this year, and you've started twittering? Will you be entering the female division at the Rock n Roll marathon?

Unknown said...

Jay-Dub - I know. lame. But I had to nail a pace on flat being at sea level to get a good indication how I will feel in Phoenix. Too many hills in SF from where I was...