Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

8 myles

East-West trail/HR loop - 9:00 a.m.
5 inches of fresh pow-pow, 15 degrees, still snowing
Body felt good
Achilles stressed a bit
easy effort

MERRY WHITE CHRISTMAS!! Bundled up for the run this morning after opening gifts. Initially I didn't want to go because of the horizontal snow but after I got onto the trail it turned out to be the most serene run yet. There's something about fresh powder and a snowstorm that creates a calm, yet motivated run. Maybe it's the fact that you're all alone tracking up unmarked powder - I love it! I could have easily skipped today but with all the food my father-in-law cooked for dinner and breakfast, I had some extra fuel to burn. The only downside to running in the snow is that it doesn't do much for the leg turnover.

No comments: