Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, October 14, 2010

13 myles (9-56:43)

Highline Canal - 10:00 AM
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - feeling good
Hard effort

Just got back from Wyoming late last night. On Monday I unknowingly crossed paths with Karlo in Wheatland. I didn't check his progress before I left so I didn't have any idea until I got to my hotel in Casper. Oh well. Looks like Geoff got out with him yesterday. I watched a video of him starting his day getting out of the RV, funny in a sadistic sort of way.

Today I got out for some MP stuff - 9 myles in 56:43 with 2 mile w/u and c/d. A train was blocking my normal route over to Chatfield from the Highline so I had to stay on the Highline canal. Same sort of terrain, just an out and back instead of a loop. Before the workout I predicted my MP would be somewhere between 6:15 and 6:20... ended up with 6:18s. When Paul was coaching me, this was a key workout he would have me do every other week - basically 1 hour at MP. I whittled it down to 6:01 but that was after 7 weeks so I'm happy with 6:18s.

On Tuesday I made it back to Ft Collins, not in time for the track workout with Nick Clark, but enough time to put 8.5 myles on Spring Creek in 59:41. Then on Wednesday I met up with Dakota and Nick for a good, mellow 12 myles (1.42) near Horsetooth reservoir on the foothills trail.

Good solid week so far in which I'll cap off with a double over at Mt Falcon on Saturday with Patrick Garcia. Anyone else wants to join, you are more than welcome. Meeting at 7 AM.

No comments: