Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, March 22, 2008

31 myles - 3.54:40

Platte River parkway - 11:00 a.m.
clouds, 40's, slight South wind
mind/body - not eager/not responsive
medium effort

I wimped out! My plan was to do 40 today but in order to do that I had to go past my car, refill my bottles, and add a 9 mile loop.... didn't happen. For some reason my legs were dead from the beginning - started to ache around the 8 mile mark. I didn't ever bonk just got progressively slower, in fact my last mile was 8:40. I got to my car and just decided it wasn't worth it. Besides, the way I was feeling I would have walked most of the loop and it would have taken me well past dark. All in all I'm happy that I got in 31 but less than happy the way I felt. Averaged out to be 7:34 per mile on a very flat course.... I need to step it up if I want to get under 6:30 @ AR 50!

No comments: