Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

10 myles - 1.08:10 (LT)

Daniels Park - 4:00 p.m.
mid 30's, clear, wet roads
mind/body - hesitant/no aches
hard effort

I was dreading this run today. Ever since high school (20+ years ago) I have never liked speed workouts, they hurt real bad. I run longer to avoid this searing pain the air causes my lungs, driven by the muscles in my legs that are suffocating.

Today was no different - I hurt me. I pushed as hard as I could on the lactate threshold (LT) myles. It's been over a month since I did this run and I'm happy to report progress. My LT myles were all faster by 20 seconds or more. I don't think my legs can move any faster without snapping all the muscles in my legs. Having said that, I'll need every bit of speed that I can conjure up for Way Too Cool.

Here are my splits:
  1. 7:33
  2. 6:03 (LT)
  3. 8:00
  4. 6:13 (LT)
  5. 8:02
  6. 5:45 (LT)
  7. 7:31
  8. 5:42 (LT)
  9. 7:22
  10. 5:55 (LT)
Now remember myles 2, 4, and 10 are all uphill while 6 and 8 are down. The faster and stronger I get the closer the up and down myles will get. I'm gonna take tomorrow off to let the legs rest and then back to the Sancturary hill on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice time..... you are going to do fine at Way Too Cool...

Manners said...

Fast One- you are truly the man! Good work. Okay, its inspiring.....
The Bad One